I can be indecisive sometimes – do I want pizza…do I want quesadillas? How about both of them made into one amazing meal. My favorite type of pizza is red sauce with Italian sausage crumbles, pepperoni, bell pepper and red onion – so that is exactly what I put in these Supreme Pizzadillas. And a super easy homemade Marinara Dip – which is a little thicker than pasta sauce, perfect for dipping.
These quesadillas are made with my favorite pizza toppings, so you can do what ever you like most. Just keep in mind that water content to things – if you add mushrooms, olives, or jalapenos, you will need to drain off extra liquid. Too much water content will sog out your quesadillas. You could also go total meat-lovers, with ham, bacon, pepperoni and sausage. You need a full sized decent griddle for this recipe – one that can cook at least 4 of these. So that everyone can eat hot food at the same time.
These are rather fillings quesadillas – so I didn’t serve a side dish. If you needed to stretch it, you could do a yummy green salad or mozzarella sticks as an appetizer. The marinara is also great for mozzarella sticks, fried calamari and cheesy bread. I serve my marinara in simple 8 oz ramekins. It is important to have something to hold the sauce instead of just putting it on the plate.
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
- 8 Tortillas burrito size
- 4 cups Mozzarella shredded
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 Green Bell Pepper diced
- ½ Red Onion diced
- ½ lb Pepperoni quartered
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Sweet Italian Seasoning
- 1 28oz can Crushed Tomato
- 1 15oz can Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Dried Minced Onion
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add marinara ingredients. Stir to combine and cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, combine green peppers, red onions, pepperoni, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- In a saute pan over medium-high heat, add Italian sausage. Cook and crumble until no longer pink. Add to pepperoni mix.
- Preheat griddle to high. Build quesadillas: Add ¼ cup cheese, spoonful of pepperoni mix, then ¼ cup cheese to half of tortilla. Fold over and place on griddle. Cook for 5 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into thirds. Serve with ramekin of sauce and 1 or 2 quesadillas per serving.
Estelle Forrest’s self-published first cookbook – Homemade on a Weeknight: A Family Cookbook – was created after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
Estelle self-published a second cookbook – Burgers on a Weeknight – recently. It has over 60 delicious burger creations! You can purchase your own copy here:
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!