When you teenage son gives your dinner a compliment like “10 out of 10, would recommend” – you know it is a win for sure. This dish was so tasty and really rather easy to make. Fiesta Scrambled Eggs is a protein packed breakfast for dinner that I am sure your family is going to devour.
You could totally serve this wrapped in a tortilla like a yummy breakfast burrito. To keep it keto, I, personally, just ate it on it’s own. A nice toasted tortilla was requested by the hubs and he loved it. The green chilies mixed with the ground pork gives such a wonderful flavor.
It’s important to not mix the eggs into the ground pork. Simple pour the beaten egg mixture in the center of the pan, give it a little giggle so it flattens out some and then put on the lid. You want to let the eggs cook together and when you spread it out too much you don’t get the nice big pieces of egg. You will get the chance to mix it together once the egg is cooked through.
While I only added a little more cheese and cilantro for a garnish, you could certainly do a bit more like sour cream, salsa, diced tomatoes, olives, avocado…really anything you would put on your tacos you could put on this. You could also use black beans instead of pinto beans, though it might not look as appealing, it would taste great. If you wanted it to have little more kick you could swap out the can of green chilis for a can of diced jalapenos (though I would probably reduce to the 4 oz can).
Now Let’s Get Cookin’!
Fiesta Scrambled Eggs
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- ½ Yellow Onion diced
- 1 7 oz can Green Chilies
- 2 15 oz can Pinto Beans drained
- 12 Eggs beaten
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
Garnish ideas (optional)
- Sour Cream
- Avocado Slices
- Black Olives
- Diced Tomatoes
- Taco Sauce
- Prepare all of the ingredients.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add oil, onions and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes then add ground pork, green chilies, cumin and chili powder. Cook until no longer pink then add pinto beans.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, salt, pepper, cilantro and cheese. Pour over pork mixture in pan. Cover with lid and let cook for 15 minutes. Remove lid and check that eggs are just set. With a large spoon, break up eggs and pork.
- Serve with your desired toppings.
Estelle Forrest self-published this cookbook after a lot of playing around in the kitchen. You can purchase your own copy here:
AVAILABLE IN PRINT OR KINDLE eBOOK VERSIONS
Don’t miss new recipes from Homemade on a Weeknight – subscribe and get an email with every new post!
One thought on “Fiesta Scrambled Eggs #ketofriendly”
This sounds delicious, Estelle. I am definitely going to try it. I found your blog through the GRAND Social. I’ll be back for sure!