I just love that people are taking a liking to the recipes. Today, Busy Being Jennifer along with Jerri at Simply Sweet Home, Lisa at Condo Blues, Amy at A Day of Small Things, and Penny at Penny’s Passion listed the Beer Battered Onion Rings recipe as a favorite on this last week’s recipe round – Friday Favorites! This recipe is so easy and so yummy. You may even get your kiddos to try out the onions with this crispy goodness. And if you are just looking for some good old pub food while social distancing – I got you!
If you haven’t tried these Beer Battered onion Rings yet – you are seriously missing out. They are so crispy and crunchy and the perfect weekend side dish for your burgers, chicken, ribs, brisket, really anything that came off the grill!
Here is the recipe if you missed it:
Beer Battered Onion Rings
- 1 Yellow Onion cut into rings no more than ½ in thick
- 1½ cup Flour
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 12 oz Beer (Lager is best)
- 4 cups Oil
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Add oil to large wide pan (like a large saute pan). Bring oil up to 400 deg.
- Mix flour, salt, paprika and baking soda together. Coat each onion ring in the flour and set aside.
- Mix beer into flour mixture. It should be the consistency of pancake batter
- Once oil is hot enough, dip a floured onion ring in the beer batter and coat completely. Gently drop into oil and let cook until brown then flip and cook until brown again. Remove to a cooking rack over paper towels. Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe and want to see what other recipes I have to offer – You can purchase the Homemade on a Weeknight Cookbook in Paperback or Kindle (eBook) versions through Amazon to get all of the recipes.